The mission of the Alhambra Police Foundation is to work in partnership with citizens, businesses and philanthropic organizations, to provide resources to the Alhambra Police Department in order to enhance the Department’s ability to serve at its highest level in improving public safety, decreasing crime, and making Alhambra a safer place to live, work and visit.
The specific purpose of this foundation is to raise funds to support and enhance innovative programs, projects, activities, training and equipment for the Alhambra Police Department that improve public safety and services to the community.
Some of the projects we might list or mention that the Foundation is working on are:
- iPads for the Watch Commander and Field Supervisor to enhance police communications and investigations
- Protective vests for police canines
- Crime Scene Investigations/Forensics equipment
- Automated external defibrillators
- Tactical vests
- Establishment of a bereavement fund
- Funds for various police training seminars
- Funds for the police departments Children and Mentors Program (formerly Alhambra D.A.R.E.)
Alhambra Police Foundation
2801 W. Mission Road